Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Not a Moment to Spare

Today, midway through a bag of Doritos and a marathon session of daytime Food Network, I realized I have no free time.

My lack of free time isn’t in the traditional sense, of course. It would be one thing to have too many obligations to do things. It’s quite another to be tied down by my own laziness. Between video games, cooking, movies, television, writing, drawing and other things that make me happy, I have very little time to get out much.

Case in point: “Inception.” I’ve been meaning to see this movie for at least a month now. My friends tell me it’s good. The critics say it’s good. But short of someone giving me a ride to the movies – most likely a friend and not a critic – I probably won’t make it.

I could claim there were other reasons, but it’s not true. I’m all for lying, certainly. My lies should at least sound plausible, though.

Granted, I’ve been spending a lot of time online lately. And this does eat up sizable portions of my day. Still, I’m not sure I could portray myself as a victim for talking on random forums about the ending of “Cowboy Bebop” or how bad security must be at Princess Peach’s castle for her to be kidnapped in every single Mario game ever.

And I seem like even less of a victim when my only problem is not having time to go to theaters.

In the meanwhile, I’ll just have to find a way to cope. And don’t worry – at least I still have Redbox. Until I find a better solution, I’m sure all your hopes and prayers are with me.

4 comments:

  1. Haha, what kind of Doritos where they? XD

    I know what you mean; although I usually get most of the things I need to done, I could do a lot more...Then again, that's not exactly my first thought when hitting the sooze button on my alarm clock ten times every morning. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were Blazin' Buffalo and Ranch, for the record. For another record, they were also awesome. I need more.

    I personally don't use the snooze button. If I'm going to wake up, it's going to be on the first try. If I want to go back to sleep, I'll probably just wake up whenever. Of course, this is one of the few perks of being unemployed - the hours are excellent, if not the pay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your day sounds a lot like mine, only I spend most of my weekdays in my tiny office with my head exploding.

    I don't go to the theater either, so I'll pre-order Inception as soon as it's available on amazon.com.

    If I can briefly interrupt my current ramen fetish, I'm going to have to see if I can find those Blazin' Buffalo and Ranch Doritos, they sound epic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That sounds like a tense office environment. And on the weekends? Eek.

    The Blazin' Buffalo and Ranch Doritos are indeed epic. Every time I go to the store I think I'm going to get sick of them. And you know what? It's six months later and I still never do. I think it's made me neglect a lot of the other flavors, though I did try that Wasabi one they had as a limited edition.

    ReplyDelete