Monday, September 13, 2010

Monster Hunter: Flexing History


It's probably no secret I love Monster Hunter Tri - it's not perfect, though.

If I had to point out one problem with the game, it would probably be the lack of urgency your hunter seems to display. Being attacked by a gigantic monster elicits a certain response. Be it swinging a sword, healing or screaming like a little girl, I'd be doing them all at a frantic pace. Trust me.

Your hunter, however, prefers to lazily do everything. They casually sip on a healing Potion as though they were at a wine tasting. And to make matters worse - and I'm not joking about this - they then flex for a solid three seconds in place.

I have no idea why this is in the game, aside from artificially creating difficulty. But if you're like almost every person I've spoken to about it who plays, you probably find it terribly annoying. Of course, there are armor skills that allow you to consume Potions more quickly and without the irritating pause at the end to allow a monster to clobber you. Then again, why should the common sense not to leave myself wide open to attack every time I heal be a skill in-game?

That's why I used the Potion in the first place. I wanted more health. Not less.

2 comments:

  1. I hate the flex as well, I think what they should replace it with is a longer chugging animation.

    I wouldn't mind it so much if my character was chugging the potion for 3 seconds instead of flexing after chugging for half of one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's my trouble, too. I wouldn't mind if the actual action took a longer time. And I do understand that drinking an entire bottle may take a few seconds. But to shotgun the thing in half a second and then stand there flexing about it is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete